VIETNAM EARTHQUAKE INFORMATION AND TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER
Address: Building A8, 18 Hoang Quoc Viet street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel. : (84-4) 39 94 03 17, Fax: (84-4) 37 91 45 93
· Establishment: The Earthquake Information and Tsunami Warning Centre under Institute of Geophysics was established by the Decision No 1798/QD-KHCNVN of the President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, September 4, 2007.
· Functions: To utilize the results of investigation and research in the field of Physics of the Earth for earthquake information and tsunami warning in Vietnam in accordance with the governmental regulations.
- Observation of earthquake data, acquisition of sea level and other related information and data in the territory and sea areas of Vietnam.
- Analyzing, processing, controlling and verifying data and information on earthquakes and tsunamis in the territory, sea areas of Vietnam and adjacent regions.
- Issuing earthquakes and tsunamis warning bulletins in accordance with the governmental regulations.
- Cooperation with earthquake information and tsunami warning systems in the region and the World.
- To carry out training and propaganda activities, to provide community with knowledge and guideline for earthquake and tsunami preparedness and prevention.
- International cooperation:
Representing Vietnam as one of the member states of the Pacific Tsunami Warning and Mitigation System (PTWS), the EITWC plays a role of a National Tsunami Warning Center in the system and has designated Tsunami National Contact and Tsunami Focal Points for receiving information on regional tsunami mitigation activities and tsunami alerts or advisories from the international tsunami centres PTWC and JMA.
We have 26 guests and no members online